Where is Apples statement regarding the yellow/warmer screens?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drober30, Mar 24, 2012.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Apple stores accross the country are exchanging iPads.

Forums accross the Internet are buzzing with people complaining about yellow screens.

So why has Apple not come out and addressed this issue, stating that the screen is supposed to make whites look yellow, it's all part of the new retina display and it's ability to make colors look richer.

Why are the geniuses in the Apple stores swapping out iPads if the screens are supposed to be yellow?

Why are some screens only yellow on the top half or bottom half?

Why is there a difference in appearance in screens anyway? They can and should all look the same.

Apple charges a premium for their products because they are supposed to be superior than the competition and that includes quality of compnoents and fit/finish not just GUI and user experience.

I'm sure that Apple is working with their manufactures to get to the bottom of this and in the months ahead, the iPads being produced will be all the same with a screen that shows whites to be white, not a dull, yellow dingy appreance.

So, when us OCD, nothing better to do than nick pick or products people sell our iPads on eBay or CL, we can advertise it as a good iPad with a white screen and to be careful of the iPads with the yellow tint that look like s%#t.

People who have convinced themselves that the yellow screen is OK may flame away!

I'm on my way to swap or return this defective screen!

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

3. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You responded in ten seconds on your yellow screen iPad and I have to get a life?

4. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Yep.

5. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

They haven't responded because it's not much of an issue. People have been freaking out about color temp since the first iPhone was released. We only hear from the vocal minority here.

6. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Not for the iPad. There's no other tablet with that kind of screen, battery capacity and build quality at $500.

It is an issue but probably not big enough for Apple to release a statement. The iPad 2 backlight issue was probably bigger than this one.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is not an issue. If you do not like return your device or exchange it.

How hard is that?:p

Solved!:mad:

8. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Here is Apple's statement on yellow screens:

Return them or shut up.

Just like "Antennagate", there is no issue. Steve Jobs dared millions of people to return their iPhones if there was a reception problem. And. No. One. Did.

BJ

9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It's a non-issue people who aren't anal retentive nitpckers with nothing better to do such as yourself. So..99.999% of iPad buyers.

10. doboy macrumors 68000

I'm sure small percentage of people will get a defective unit, but it seems a lot people on this board are nitpicking. They've been wrongly trained to believe that cooler color temp is the "correct" color.

11. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Most the yellow issue is the result of glue residue, which should clear after using the device for 2 weeks, the same issue happened with iphone 4.

Apple allows you to take it back within 2 weeks, so if the yellow issue still present after 12 days than simple take it back for an exchange or refund.

Talk about 1st world problem!

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I had the issue for a day or two. I read on here about this and just waited. Sure enough it's gone.

13. superduperdom macrumors member

I would love to hear from apple on this given all the traffic. I'm afraid it's a hardware issue and deserves a massive recall. Their quality control has gone to pot. Very disappointing. I shouldn't have to be returning it with all the hassle that involves. Seems a few people are in denial, defensive or rationalising it away. There is a problem with this dingy piss-yellow ununiform screen.

14. deeddawg, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

deeddawg macrumors 604

Y'all want some cheese with all that whine?

Not happy? Exchange it until you get one you're happy with or return it and wait a couple months. Simple as that. :rolleyes:

(screens just fine on both 3rd gen iPads here, sorry if you got a sucky one, best sit out for a few weeks and let any production issues get fixed. Happens every launch, no idea why anyone's surprised)

15. magnusforza macrumors newbie

I also had a non-uniform iPad screen. Exchanged it in store and the new also suffers from a non-uniform screen. Half of it is pink, the other half is blue. It's extremely annoying. This makes me think that over 50% of the screens suffer from this issue.

Quality control has gone to ***** or this is Samsung's revenge.

16. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Go back to when the iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4/iPad 2/iPhone 4S were released. The yellowing is NOT a defect, but a temporary condition that goes away once the glue used to attach the glass has fully cured. This always happens with the initial runs, as they are coming direct from the factories.

17. Macclone macrumors 6502

Four options

Let the glue dry
    Exchange it
    Buy a Xoom
    Shut the F up and enjoy it.

People sure like to bitch about everything Apple makes. Nobdy forced you to buy it.

18. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Very unlikely that Apple will say anything about it in the press. However, as long as they are letting people exchange them, they are standing behind their hardware IMHO.