Where is Dock in file structure

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theiphoner, Dec 1, 2008.

1. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

hi guys,

i have a dead strip on my iphone and cant move icons about, its a 2g and out of warrenty :( I need to access the dock via ssh but have no idea where in the file structure it sits, any idea's

cheers.

2. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

3. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I don't see the relation between not being able to move icons and trying to find where the Dock.png is?

4. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

can you edit the dock from here, open the file and its just crap that appears in notepad?

5. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

I thought that if i can edit the dock file to include email + sms and restarted the springboard it would have the same effect as being able to move them around

6. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

What do you mean by edit the dock? The applications in the dock have nothing to do with the Dock file.

Your springboard applications are located at: "/Applications" and the stuff you downloaded from iTunes is at "/private/var/mobile/Applications"

7. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

I only have the phone in the dock at the moment, I want to add sms + email but because of the dead strip on the iphone I cant, I was just thinking of ways to do it and I thought that if i could edit whats in that space it would work

8. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Your talking about a preference file? I have no idea if that can be done.

9. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

thanks bear hunter, it was just an idea, i'll just have to grin and bear it I think

10. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I'm not saying it can't be done...I've just never seen anyone do it that way before...and I wouldn't know how to do it if it were possible.