Where is email program & preferences?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nightsky, Apr 9, 2007.

1. nightsky macrumors member

Do not want my real name on return address of my emails... how do i change this?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

It would help if you told us what email program you are using....

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

What program are you using to send e-mails? In Apple Mail, click on the Mail menu, then Preferences. Select the desired account in the Accounts pane, and then in the "Account Information" subpane, remove the entry in "Full Name".

4. nightsky thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, Mac Basic?

Assumed since i was posting in Mac Basic Help it was a given that I am mac newbie trying to get around OS-X 10.4.8 trying to use whatever email program is associated w/Safari?

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Okay, so you are using Mail, correct? If so, follow my instructions above. Or is it a web-based mail interface through Safari? Unless you've installed some other e-mail program on your computer, those are likely the only two options we could be talking about.

6. nightsky thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks... Sorry I get soo frustrated trying to get things done on in mac. Found email prog. and removed my full name from account info. Thankks again.

7. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Note: For future reference, in nearly all Mac applications (those that follow the design guidelines, anyway), pressing "Cmd-," brings up the preferences pane.