Where is everyone buying their Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by eddiesudz, Jul 22, 2011.

1. eddiesudz macrumors newbie

Just chatted with MacMall and they are roughly $80.00 higher than the Apple Store. Am almost ready to pull the trigger on an i7 with Education Store pricing. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on saving a few more pennies....

Thanks in advance.

2. Sdevante macrumors 6502

If your, or a neighboring, state has it, wait about two weeks for tax free holiday. :)

3. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I thought the minis aren't qualified for edu. discounts?

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Since there's no online sellers that I know of not charging sales tax, I'll just go to my local Apple store and get one

5. TheBaconKing macrumors regular

TheBaconKing

The Edu discount for the Mac mini is $20, you just can't get the $100 iTunes card with the minis. Gotta buy the MacBook air, MacBook pro, or iMac to get the $100 card

6. youarethegovt macrumors newbie

I've paid for my mini through a small little retailer named Amazon.com...for some reason, they are behind Best Buy in terms of getting them in stock and shipped.

7. eddiesudz thread starter macrumors newbie

Well.... I just checked online and good ole California does not have a tax free holiday in 2011.....

Sure would be nice to save that extra $76.00 though!

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I just ordered one from the Apple online store here in the UK. There is no way to avoid sales tax here so it doesn't really matter where you buy it from. That said mine is a customised build so I had no choice.

9. Liquinn Suspended

Amazon.co.uk are still selling the 2010 models :(

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I noticed that earlier. Not to mention they are still the same price.

11. mrrippey macrumors regular

i called the Apple Store and the mac mini is eligible....My wife (in grad school) is purchasing one for me :)
    -Rippey

12. slyseekr macrumors member

Bought mine yesterday at the SoHo Apple Store. My educational discount somehow came out to $50 w/ 8% off accessories (also got the wireless keyboard and magic trackpad) and a $100 iTunes Gift card.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

13. Daud, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

Daud macrumors regular

Edu pricing and BTS promotion

The last 2 posters must be lucky.

"PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only the following Apple Computers qualify for this promotion: iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro
    (“Apple Computers”). Configure-to-order versions of these Apple Computers qualify for this offer. Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify.
    Mac mini does not qualify."

This is on the online Edu store, where the discount is only $21.

I hoped to go through 5% off Discover card and reap the other benefits, too...

Then called local store: $579, no BTS promotion..

14. toss002 macrumors regular

Delivered the day after. Ordered on-line Wednesday through Apple website. Got it today (Friday). :)

I'm in SoCal.

Note: Via UPS, the box seemed to have been battered on one side, but the interior materials held up to cushion it. I'm not that picky, works perfectly. Just a little bad luck.

Also got Magic Track and Bluetooth keyboard.

Overall, I'm happy.

15. mrrippey macrumors regular

exactly what i plan on doing tomorrow (but I have a magic mouse) but I'm getting mine at Short Hills, NJ store or Menlo Park, NJ....

-Rippey

16. OutGolfn macrumors regular

Best Buy $769.99 or $569.99

I got my 2.5 i5 mini from Best Buy, they have them on sale for $769.99 and the lower 2.3 i5 for $569.99. They have both instock in my area, but did not have any of the new macbook airs.

17. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Wednesday after lunch, I purchased a cto mini server from the Apple online store and called in to change my order from two 750GB hdd to the 750 + 256 ssd. While speaking with the friendly Apple rep she said that my order would be built immediately and then shipped from overseas. Expecting a UPS package next Wednesday thru Friday.. but it hasn't shipped yet according to my order tracking number. Having it delivered to my business to be sure that someone is there to sign for it. Picking up extra ram locally to max it out at 8GB.:)

18. MattyO macrumors regular

best buy online

shows in stock online, but when you order it they send you an email saying it is Back ordered ... "will ship in 1-2 weeks ..."
    bastards.

19. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

20. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

21. Minicube macrumors regular

Got my base model at Best Buy for $569 + tax =$615. Last one they had in Soquel, CA.

22. Vermifuge macrumors 6502a

Vermifuge

I ordered the i7 dual core upgraded mini the day it was announced from apple.com and it has yet to ship. I wonder if any of the i7 units have shipped?

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Next month I'll probably go to BestBuy. Apple store is too far. Other than a Mac Pro back in 2008, every Mac I've purchased has been at BestBuy.

24. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Waiting until next month and will get it from BB during the tax free weekend and take advantage of 18 months no interest.

25. eddiesudz thread starter macrumors newbie

Just placed my order on Amazon.com. It's a pre-order but was able to get Free Shipping and No Tax..... Saved a decent chunk of change.