where is facebook 2.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 212rikanmofo, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I thought it was suppose to be out by now. Any idea on when it will be out?

2. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

3. Pennine macrumors 6502

I heard sometime in September
    So a couple of weeks at the most

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

I really thought it'd be out by now. But alot of apps have their waiting time for Apple to allow updates.

Apple really should have thought of another way to sort all this through. Some apps are having over a week to wait for an update. What if there was a terrible flaw in a program and they had to patch it up quick?!

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

WHere is PUSH for my iPhone. Apple promised it'd be here in September too! Hopefully we'll see both soon.

6. rogers106 macrumors member

The funny thing about this is... we heard about "Facebook 2.0" quite some time ago. It is entirely likely that we heard about it when it was submitted for review by Apple.

If thats the case, it's kind of nice to see that Apple doesn't give "big" developers priority over Joe Schmoe in the review process.

7. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

8. rufhausen macrumors regular

My guess is both will come out the same day, as Facebook is probably waiting to implement push with new version.

9. philgilder macrumors 68000

theres still 2 weeks of september left...

10. lucasgladding macrumors 6502

I doubt that it was released to Apple at that point. The review process does not take anywhere near that long in my experience. I think most developers are waiting about 5 days before the application is available.

Regarding preferential treatment of big developers, I suspect they are being placed at the top of the queue. If I recall correctly, the WordPress app was released the day after it was submitted. No complaints here - WordPress and Facebook would sell many more phones than Ledger ;).