Where is google maps????

Ilovemyipod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Sandy ego
Im wondering where you can find google maps. I just Jailbroke mine and i cant find it anywhere. or is it even called google maps

NormNConquest

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
Because if you can't find the 27 other topics on this list that explain how to install the Maps app, you're quite likely to destroy your $400 toy.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
should have not hacked your ipod touch
Well, that was a delightfully helpful post!

Heaven forbid you ever become a customer support representative!

"Hi, my mac won't turn on."
"You shouldn't have turned it on."
"But that's the problem, I can't tu-"
"Bye!"

:D

In other news, the app is called "Maps" (or Maps.app). Have you checked Installer?

Select Installer, then the Install tab, and then "All Packages". Good luck

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Apple is teaching you a lesson, just leave it alone it is a great product
Obviously the fact that so many people are jailbreaking their iPods shows that it's not as great as it can be.

That, and the silly restrictions Apple placed on it. No Mail, etc.

italiano40

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
NY
this is what i've been think, seriously, probably have the people who own the touch have jailbroken it and I am proud to say I haven't
welcome to the club of ipod touches that work as the should

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
welcome to the club of ipod touches that work as the should
I don't quite understand you.

Have you tried it? Because I can tell you that it is a +everything experience - it takes nothing away.

I've had nothing go wrong with my iPod touch.

There is nothing wrong with having different opinions. I just don't find it to be decent to post something unhelpful and rude to the original poster. He didn't ask for your opinion on the jailbreaking.

NormNConquest

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
Maps isn't supplied by any of the installer sources because it is Apple's copyright property and nobody hoping to produce and distribute legit iPod apps wants to be sued by apple for pirating their property.

That said, I count 29 separate posts on this forum pointing you to where you can download illegal copies of the whole suite of Apple apps, along with detailed install instructions.

But if you're too stupid or lazy to do a simple search for the word Maps, you're probably too stupid to follow the install instructions.

That is why you should not have hacked your iPod.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2002
London
Maps isn't supplied by any of the installer sources because it is Apple's copyright property and nobody hoping to produce and distribute legit iPod apps wants to be sued by apple for pirating their property.

That said, I count 29 separate posts on this forum pointing you to where you can download illegal copies of the whole suite of Apple apps, along with detailed install instructions.

But if you're too stupid or lazy to do a simple search for the word Maps, you're probably too stupid to follow the install instructions.

That is why you should not have hacked your iPod.

Funny, I seem to recall the guy asking for advice, not your opinion ( whatever thats worth ). It says ' newbie ' under his name, so I guess his crime is that of
learning. Have you ever thought of being A) Helpful. and B) Not abusive.

Don't be put off fella, most people on this site aren't like this.

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Im wondering where you can find google maps. I just Jailbroke mine and i cant find it anywhere. or is it even called google maps
to install maps you will firstly need to google it to find it try googling maps.app or google maps on ipod touch or something on them lines.

when you have successfully found it (if you cant give me a PM I'll give u a link) follow this step by step guide http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=370461

alternatively there is a picture step by step here: http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/install-application/maps/google-maps-app-on-ipod-touch

Vinny67

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
to install maps you will firstly need to google it to find it try googling maps.app or google maps on ipod touch or something on them lines.

when you have successfully found it (if you cant give me a PM I'll give u a link) follow this step by step guide http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=370461

alternatively there is a picture step by step here: http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/install-application/maps/google-maps-app-on-ipod-touch
I have just PM'd you - could you give me the same link please
Thanks

Xcolored

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2007
Did you install anything else? Because if you did install it with iPhone apps with it, then you may have too many apps for one screen. Flick your screen right and see if you see a new list of icons (I know this sounds obvious, but I couldn't find Maps until I flicked to the side (I downloaded other stuff)).

Zack

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.