Where is History on Safari?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mrmember, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mrmember macrumors member

Somebody said to touch and hold the 'back' button at the top of the screen but that only brings down 1 site, the last one I visited. History used to be conveniently located in Bookmarks but I don't see it there any more. Can someone help?

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

When I tap on Bookmarks it is second choice down under Favorites. :)

I use Mercury though. You can import your Bookmarks and enlarge text size. I need that--:)

3. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

At the top of the screen? Or you are in landscape? In portrait my back button is in lower left corner and I just tried holding it down and the history pops up. Works in portrait and landscape mode

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

My back button goes back one screen only even if holding down. But, if you were on this thread it would take you back and you would see thread title.

To get to History from Bookmarks you have to use the Back Button at top and go back to Start of Bookmarks. Not from a website. The Bookmark icon will then be at top of screen with the Eyeglasses and @ sign.

Hope that helps OP--:)

5. mrmember thread starter macrumors member

Oh my....I didn't know there was a 'back' button on Bookmarks. That did the trick and I'm soooo happy. Thank you a billion!!!

And thanks to the others who tried to help me too! :)

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Folks should really try Mercury though--esp since you can bring in your Bookmarks and enlarge text--:D