Where is iLife? (iBook G4 install discs)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by manville, Nov 14, 2008.

1. manville macrumors newbie

Just did a clean install of Leopard onto a G4 having upgraded the memory to allow this. I was thinking iLife was bundled with it (or my wife did anyway) and have now learnt that it was not and have lost iphoto/appleworks, etc. Various places said that it should be on the install discs that came with the ibook. I put these in to "Install bundled software" and using the customise option iLife doesn't appear to be there. Will I get iLife if I install from these discs anyway (just no option to not install) or is there a 3rd disc (I have a vague memory of one but I'm not sure) that I need to ransack the house for? Also will the old iLife work with Leopard anyway?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It should be part of the bundled software bundle, but may not be listed as iLife.

3. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

What OS did the iBook originally come with? I know that if it was 10.3, there were very early versions of iPhoto and iMovie before they were included in the iLife package. Could be that is what you are thinking if. Also Appleworks stopped being supported more than a year ago ;)

4. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Yep iLife doesn't come with Leopard, it comes with a Mac. Hit install and you should be fine.

5. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

My iBook G4 800mhz came with a software disk separately from the OS (10.3) install, I can't be sure, but I think iLife may have been on there.