Where is ilife09?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BangoSkank, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BangoSkank macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, few days ago I won a Macbook Pro 13 on ebay, its the model with 2.26gh, mid 2009.

Literally just got it few minutes ago, and it doesn't look like ILife09 is on here, I assumed Ilife09 automatically came with snow leapord, or do I have to buy it seperatly?

Im not sure if its been reinstalled, looks like it has, but cant do anything until the seller sends me the password.

2. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

iLife software comes in a separate disc. You should receive two discs, the other contains the Snow Leopard install disc. If not, you'd have to purchase it as an extra. I doubt Apple is selling iLife 09 anymore, you would have to buy iLife 11 via the Mac App Store as a downloadable software.

3. BangoSkank thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah looks that way, I just ordered ilife09 from ebay, it should work as normal shouldnt it?

Just another quick question, iv never used a laptop type mac before, it gets a bit warm, is that natural?

4. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Certain Macs can get quite warm and you may notice an increase in temperature; this is partially due to the intel core 2 duos, which heat up significantly unlike many other processors. though Apple's software update addresses this issue to a certain extent, the laptop may still have temperature issues.

May I ask when this issue occurs? Does it heat up when idle or using intensive tasks like photoshop or iMovie? It is quite normal for your MBP to heat up when using software that require a lot of RAM. Your MBP's CPU and core temperature should not exceed over 80c degrees, however if it is over 100 then there are some issues wrong with it and I'd advise you to get it checked out with a "genius" at an Apple retail store.

To check the temperature of your MacBook Pro, download istat pro widget from islayer:

http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/

It is free of charge and downloads in like 30 seconds. Once downloaded, go to your laptop's dashboard and check the temperature values, which should look like this:

[​IMG]

And yes, iLife 09 should work fine :)

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

First thing to do with a used computer is reformat & reinstall the OS. Who knows what the original owner left behind.

6. chrfr macrumors 604

Apple will replace the original discs for Macs at a quite reasonable charge. The discs that come with your computer include iLife, so I'd have gotten those rather than bought a copy on eBay.

7. BangoSkank thread starter macrumors newbie

On average, with internet use and itunes, it goes from 60-70c, havent tried with something like garageband yet, is this about normal?

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Yes. You just notice it more than on other laptops because the casing is aluminum which is a good heat conductor.

9. gchhour macrumors member

You have to have the install DVD that came with the Macbook. Its not going to be included on there automatically unless the person that you won it from already installed it which you stated that they did not. So I would ask the person that you won it from about the DVD.