Where is installation history

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by expat42451, Apr 24, 2014.

1. expat42451 macrumors regular

In the past, whenever I have made changes to systems I have been responsible for, I have always kept a system log on each- a result of having several to administer at different times.The more complex, the easier it is without record keeping, to forget what updates have been applied, what shell scripts have been written to help take care of admin tasks and many times, methods of problem resolution.....

Recently I am down to my laptop only and have gotten a bit lax with doing this. Question is- in App Store, you can pretty much see the install/update history for the past 30 days or so. Is there somewhere in the administrative tools where the system logs record what updates are applied and where different things have been installed (I know this is possible by looking at the purchases tab for apps from the app store)...... Windoze XP and 7 were pretty good about keeping track of applied updates but I ve not been able to find a place where OSX does the same thing.

Regards

expat

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Click the Apple logo at the top left of your screen then About This Mac then More Info then System Report. Now scroll down under the Software category and look at the Applications section and the Installations section and you can see a history of apps and software updates.

3. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

Great---that is exactly what I was looking for. I do weekly backups and wanted to get an idea of rollback points for something I installed.

Again many thanks

Expat