Where is "iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw" located on my mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhaserFuzz, Aug 29, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Never mind I found it. This thread can be deleted.

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Open finder. Under the places tab click on your name.Click on downloads and it should be there.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Yeah there is a misconception that a simple restore will make it untraceable and thats not true. When geniuses hook it up to run diagnostics they can see deleted programs. I saw them bust a kid today. It was hilarious. He was telling the genius some crap about his battery being bad and the charging being messed up. The Genius said ok let me run diagnostics and when he did (i was peeking at the screen) it showed springboard on there. The genius called him out in front of about 20 people and i thought the kid was gonna cry. He was like i swear i never jailbroke it sir and the genius was like listen kid i can see springboard right here. He told the little whipper snapper that he was not replacing his iphone. It was great.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The "Genius" was obvioulsy not trained in providing professional customer service and probably was always a bully when he was in school. Point of the matter is, if the customer was a 45 year old 6'10" man with large tatoos on his neck he would never have done that (whether he deserved it or not).

5. freitas macrumors member

So then would a wipe followed by restore remove all traces of jailbreak?

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Absolutely.