Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gr8ezscape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2019
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hi,

I just backed up and restored my iPhone7S to an iPhone11 Max Pro and everything went great. Now because of low space issues on my MacBook Air I would like to find and move the 50 GB backup file to my Drobo, but I can't find where this iPhone backup file is stored? Anyone know where it is stored , the file path, or the name it might have? Thank you!

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
the easiest way is to go in iTunes preferences / devices and "control click" the back up and choose "show in finder"

Path is < users < yourmac < Library< Application Support < MobileSync < Backup

Gr8ezscape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2019
Eastern Pennsylvania
the easiest way is to go in iTunes preferences / devices and "control click" the back up and choose "show in finder"

Path is < users < yourmac < Library< Application Support < MobileSync < Backup

This worked. I couldn't find that path before, might be hidden, but when I used the method you supplied it worked. i am copying the 25 gigabite backup now to my drobo. Thank you very much! :)

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
yeah the user library is hidden - easy to access tho - just hold the alt (option) key while clicking the "GO" in the upper menu to display the Library folder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.