Where is iTunes on iPhone 6s Plus? Is mp3 automatically synced from iTunes on Mac to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, somebody sent me a mp3 via Facebook. I downloaded it to iTunes on my Mac. Is that mp3 automatically synced to my iPhone? Where is it stored? I found the iTunes Store app on my iPhone but there is no iTunes app. Thanks.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

On the iPhone/iPad it is called Music app on bottom of screen.
    if you import a file into iTunes on the Mac and have it set to sync iTunes, then it will sync the new music.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks. If it is synced, will it be in the library? Nothing there yet.

4. supermariofan25 macrumors regular

supermariofan25

On iTunes on your Mac, you will need to connect your iPhone via USB to sync the device with your computer. Once the phone is 'paired' to the computer for syncing (you can only sync media with one computer per device hence they are 'paired together' until the device is formatted to break ties with the computer, silly I know), you can click on the phone and select the Music pane. Add any songs in your iTunes Music Library to be synced to the device and click sync in the bottom right corner of the iTunes window. The only other alternative is the have either an Apple Music subscription or an iTunes Match subscription to have 'iCloud Music Library' sync your computers iTunes music collection to the cloud for access on any device. This is somewhat more convenient as music stored in the iCloud Music Library can be streamed instead of storing the music to your device and taking up space. Read here and here for more info.