where is motion in final cut studio 2?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fountaineer, Jan 26, 2009.

1. fountaineer macrumors member

fountaineer

I just installed the motion 3 dvd from the final cut studio 2 but i can't locate it anywhere in the applications or elsewhere. can't find in with search. when i go through final cut pro it also isn't available in send to menu, while color is.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something here. the installation went fine with a reboot. I tried re installing which also seemed like it happened without any problems but no traces of motion.

i have no clue where it is, unless it changed it's name and is hiding somwhere. any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

did you do a custom install... it sounds like motion wasn't checked off. In the process did it ask for the motion DVD?

3. fountaineer thread starter macrumors member

fountaineer

issue fixed

The issue is fixed. The problem was with the installation of motion through it's own dmg image. I later tried going through the final cut studio dmg which then gave me the option of installing motion with other apps. i checked only motion and unchecked everything else since i already have them installed. Awkwardly the final cut pro was reset to version 6 from the previous 6.0.5. Then i had to update final cut.

after a restart or two of final cut everything showed up including motion with the updates.

thanks for the response