Where is my discount!? Bad apple customer care

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ignacy, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignacy macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

In little over a year my father has bought a mac pro (for me), a Macbook Pro (for himself) and a Macbook (for his wife).
    He has just bought a new macbook pro (with penryn processor) and was unable to get any form of discount through apple. He called the apple service line and mentioned he had already bought three apple products before and was wondering if he would account for some form of discount.
    A little present? 100 euro price reduction? Whatever...

The Spanish Apple store replied that you at least have to buy (or must have bought) 10 apple products before qualifying for discounts!!!
    On this forum I have read that American Apple customers have been treated in a more respectful manner.

Although I love OS-X, I really start to dislike Apple as a firm. Customer care isn't what it used to be. Any other concurring firm would easily offer some kind of discount or offer.

Shameful!

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

3. bartelby macrumors Core

I've bought about 25 Apple products but I don't expect to get discounts (except for Edu). I don't think this is bad customer care at all.

Why does your father feel he is entitled to any?

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Unless you're buying on corporate scale you're living in a dream world to expect anything else.

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I can't see why Apple or any other company would give a discount to someone just for buying a few of their products for personal use. :confused:

6. slybeans macrumors member

7. Ignacy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Tosser,

Thanks for warning me!:)

As "for the Apple Fanboys":

In reply to "Why does your father feel he is entitled to any?"

Because I told him so!
    If you find it normal for a company like apple not to give any discount to loyal customers, then you clearly have no real life experience with other firms.
    In the past I have experienced big discounts at firms like Dell & Gateway, and these are just the computer technology related firms I'm referring to.

What about the new Macbook Pro's? Apple now charges you an extra 19 Euro's for the remote! At least that could have been offered for free. That's the least Apple could have done. A small (ripoff) symbolic gift!

I don't want to invest too much time in this discussion. Only thing I'm sure of is that most Apple users (at least in Europe!) are artsy retards. The whole social status thing makes me shiver. "Uhh I have a mac, now nobody will notice that I can't add up 1 + 1 or that I was born in the sewers... "

As soon as I get my macbook pro, I'll put a sticker on the apple Icon. It's a pitty Vista is so bad and that Unix is not a valid alternative. The only reason I have a mac is for stability purposes. I am composer and my audio programs are more intuitive to work with on OS-X.
    And no, I don't use Logic (Cubase is far better!).
    And no, I don't listen to music on a Ipod (Sound quality is horrendous!).

I'll leave mac as soon as there is a better alternative!

Haha, now I will definitly not get a discount ;)

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You just killed your own thread. This can't possibly go anywhere good, so I'll do you the favour of having to invest too much time in replying to everyone who will inevitably lay in to you. You're welcome by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.