Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boreDasHell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
How do I find Library/Application Support/uTorrent? Some of my files decide they want to be downloaded there, though I supposedly download all stuff into Downloads...

boreDasHell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Tried that... damn! after I click show in Finder I get about 0.2 sec of some screen where the hel is that and just see finder main view - no file. if i try to find file through search - no results.. still i would see file seeded through uTorrent. I already feel miserable that im not able to buy some stuff legally, i have to use torrrents, so on top of this i cant find downloaded files. Ok, im really new to Mac.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Try going into finder then press "Command" + "," click " Sidebar" look for devices and tick your devices name. Now you should be able to browser your entire disk drive in finder.

Thats what i had to do anyways dunno why.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
First, OP, just know that we can't talk about warez or pirated materials here. Since your problem isn't specifically about that, it's in that grey area where we can still help you, but please make sure not to talk about what it is you're downloading or how.

As to the question, it's a shame neither of the previous posters knew how to help you. Simply open the Finder, click on the Go menu, then "Go to Folder". Type in "~/Library/" (without the quotes) and hit enter.

jW

Nov 28, 2010
located
As to the question, it's a shame neither of the previous posters knew how to help you. Simply open the Finder, click on the Go menu, then "Go to Folder". Type in "~/Library/" (without the quotes) and hit enter.

jW

Really?
Asking questions about a functionality is not help?
Showing the OP how to show hidden folders is not help?

I know, your way is a bit more elegant, but it has to be done every time, unless one makes a shortcut to the Library folder in the Sidebar or toolbar.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Really?
Asking questions about a functionality is not help?
Showing the OP how to show hidden folders is not help?

I know, your way is a bit more elegant, but it has to be done every time, unless one makes a shortcut to the Library folder in the Sidebar or toolbar.

Well, your post was helpful to a point, but didn't really get right to what he needed (mostly because your first suggestion, while a good one, didn't end up working for him, which isn't your fault). I apologize for coming off rough there, I do have that tendency.

jW

Nov 28, 2010
located
Well, your post was helpful to a point, but didn't really get right to what he needed (mostly because your first suggestion, while a good one, didn't end up working for him, which isn't your fault). I apologize for coming off rough there, I do have that tendency.

jW

Me too, but a bit more sarcastically. No hard feelings. Let serenity befall us all some day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.