where is my free lion?? :(

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by pcomac, Aug 7, 2011.

1. pcomac macrumors regular

im suppose to get a free lion with my mbp purchase. i have applied using the online thing but havent recieved any email or code for download :( it has been a week already. how long does it take for them to send me my free lion?

2. The pSYION macrumors newbie

Hmm thats odd, try calling them or something. Did you receive any emails from them at all?

3. fortheloveofmac macrumors member

My App Store didn't say I was eligible for free (I guess it will for some people, I heard), but I was. So, I downloaded it not even knowing at the time, found out via Facebook or something that I could have gotten it for free, and called Apple Support to see what was up, if it was just a rumor, if I could get refunded. Within 5 minutes I was happily refunded. Their support is so excellent. I'm a stickler for good customer service. Apple wins :).

4. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Did you send in a photo of your receipt? If you did that then I'd recommend using the other option- using your Apple ID and/or a Credit Card. I did that and got my free copy instantly.

5. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I had to call Apple Care to get mine. Give 'em a call.

6. laxman101 macrumors regular

The code is on the page after you press "qualify system". Its toward the bottom of the page.

7. MJL macrumors 6502a

free Lion (up-to-date program)

I filled in the form on the day Lion came out, after 4 days (when I had not yet heard a thing) I got on to support and since have had a number of emails with them. They did apologize that it took so long.

Finally today (7th August) the redeem code came through.

I suggest you get hold of support so that you have confirmation that your claim is logged with them before expiry date and then wait until you get the code. Suspect they have been swamped with requests not realising how many requests they would have to verify.

8. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Call the Apple Care Support, sometimes the code can get lost, also basic question but did you check your spam or junk folder sometimes these emails get send to there.

9. BIS2 macrumors regular

related question

for anyone who has already received the upgrade code - does it expire? ie do you have to use it right away or can you wait a few months if you want?

10. EasyRider macrumors regular

EasyRider

Took 10 days for them to email my code. The automatic lookup did not work, so had to submit my receipt (and I bought the computer on apple.com). http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

Called support 3 times and all they could do for me was tell me to wait. During one call the lady didn't even know what the Lion up-to-date program was. I tried to explain to her how people that bought a Mac right before Lion came out were to get a free upgrade to Lion... she said she never heard of that :confused: yea had to hang up on her out of frustration.