Where is my "LINE IN"?? Lame but important question?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Elguapo, Oct 18, 2006.

  1. Elguapo macrumors newbie

    Oct 9, 2006
    Hey all, Ok forgive this lame-O question. I am trying to hook up a sound recording and editing program to my mac. The instuctions say to plug the cable from my stereo to the "in line" on my computer? The problem is that I see nothing that says "in line" or "input"? The closest thing I can think of would be the headphone jack, but that's an output? I need to find out how to plug into my sound card so I can transfer sound into my mac from an outside source?

    If it helps I have a mac G4 Laptop. Any help would really be appreciated!


  2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

    Mar 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    i think it's normally the microphone jack? or something like that..
  3. superleccy macrumors 6502a


    Oct 31, 2004
    That there big London
    Do you have an iBook or a PowerBook?

    If you have an iBook, I have some bad news for you... the iBook doesn't have a Line In. I think it was pretty lame of Apple not to include one, but there you go.

    I got myself one of these.


    It's good because it handles Optical and Analogue line-in as well. It works well.
  4. telecomm macrumors 65816


    Nov 30, 2003
    On the other hand, if you've got a PowerBook, the line in is right beside the headphone jack (they're the same size port).

Share This Page