Where is my modem?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CiaranFinnegan, Jul 30, 2010.

1. CiaranFinnegan macrumors newbie

Hey i'm not sure where to post this.

I have a BT home hub router which I connect to my phone line which gives me my internet.

I wan't to use a lag switch for my PS3 which needs to be between my modem and my router. How would I go about doing this?

Any help?

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There is no device between the router and the phone line?

Can you name all the devices you use for going into the internet and what is connected to what via what (cable or wireless)?

3. CiaranFinnegan thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct there's nothing in between it, i'm in uk btw, would it be different here?

Okay, I have the BT home hub 2.0 which is just connected straight into the phone line socket in my house, and it has like 4 ethernets on the back, and it gives me my wifi.

I want to use ethernet from my router to my PS3, and a lag switch ethernet between my router and my (modem)?

Would my modem be built into the BT home hub?

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

The bt home hub is pre programmed for your Internet connection from BT. It has a built in modem and is also an 802.11n router.

5. CiaranFinnegan thread starter macrumors newbie

So there would be no way to use the lag switch that I made seeing as I have a built in modem? Could i use 2 bt home hubs? Having 1 connected to the wall, then lag switch to the other and an ethernet from it to my ps3?