Where is my "Movies" & "TV Shows"??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cuteq80, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cuteq80 macrumors newbie

i tried to jailbreak my apple tv2 (4.2.2) with some jailbreak software that uses SSH Terminal and it didn't work then i used "Seas0npass" which actually worked.
    The problem now is when i switched the ATV on i couldn't find "Movies" and "TV Shows" in the menue... There is only "internet", "Computers" and "Settings"
    how can i fix this? i tried to restore the ATV for the manufacturer settings but still same problem..
    do you think that the SSH can solve the problem? and how?
    please need help :confused:

2. eTip macrumors 6502

You may find more help over at the XBMC forums. Ask in the IOS sub-forum.

I would restore with Apple firmware & re-jailbreak.

3. cuteq80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Already did.. but still not worked
    actually im trying to log in SSH through Terminal using the following command:
    ssh -2 frontrow@<ip address>
    password: frontrow
    but it keeps telling me the access denied, try again.... whay the hell is that? how can i make sure that my password is frontrow?

4. eTip macrumors 6502

Password is "alpine" NOT frontrow

5. cuteq80 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx bro..
    password worked but still couldnt solve the original problem

6. cuteq80 thread starter macrumors newbie

i typed the following commands in the SSH (Terminal) while attempting to jailbreak with Pownage tool:
    Step 1: Move this entire folder to the desktop.

Step 2: Open Terminal app.

Step 3: Run the following commands.

cp -r ~/Desktop/tethered/AppleTV2,1_4.2_8C150.bundle /Applications/PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/

cp ~/Desktop/tethered/Info.plist /Applications/PwnageTool.app/Contents/Resources/CustomPackages/CydiaInstallerATV.bundle/Info.plist

Step 4: Run PwnageTool on the 4.2 ipsw and saving into the ~/Desktop/tethered folder with the default name PwnageTool gives it.

Step 5: Back in the terminal run the following:

unzip -j ~/Desktop/tethered/AppleTV2,1_4.2_8C150_Custom_Restore.ipsw Firmware/dfu/iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.k66 -d ~/Desktop/tethered/

Step 6: Restore the AppleTV to the ~/Desktop/tethered/AppleTV2,1_4.2_8C150_Custom_Restore.ipsw firmware.

Step 7: Unplug and then replug the USB, after the AppleTV has finished started up, plug in the power cable.

Step 8: Run the following commands in terminal:

cd ~/desktop/tethered

./tetheredboot -i iBSS.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.k66

Step 9: MANUALLY put the AppleTV in DFU.

Details: http://thetechjournal.com/electroni...n-ios-4-2-with-pwnagetool.xhtml#ixzz1PEXfHLDF
    ---------------------------
    could it be the cause of removing the "movies" and "TV Shows" menu? and how to fix it?