Where Is My New Phone Number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JusChexin, Jun 19, 2009.

1. JusChexin macrumors member

Hello Everyone,

I tried searching for the answer to this but couldn't find it, so I apologize in advance if I apparently could have found it elsewhere.

In any event, I'm expecting my new (and first) iPhone to be delivered soon. I'm having an issue as to the area code I signed up for and the actual area code I want to use/need to have since I'll be trying to port my old VZW number which is not from this area code in a few weeks. (I know to keep my permanent address as my old phone number's area code is in so this will all go through, I just don't know how having a number with an area code outside of that address now would work, etc -- I'm making this overly complicated). Anyway, is there any way to know my new phone number before opening the iPhone 3GS box, maybe somewhere possibly on whatever invoice will be delivered to me? IF not, maybe I'll just return the iPhone and order it in a few weeks when my VZW contract is up and port then, so avoid the headache situation I seem to have enabled myself into of activating one number now and porting a number from a different area code later.

Just looking for any help how I would find whatever number ATT assigned this iPhone ahead of time, before opening the box. Any idea?

2. JusChexin thread starter macrumors member

Is there any way I can find out what number/area code is assigned to my SIM/phone before opening the box and trying to activate? Someone? Anyone?