Where is my User Picture located at?

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Running Lion. I took a picture when I set up OSX to set as my user picture and I can't find it anywhere on the computer.

Can someone tell me where it is located?

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Did you see the image I posted? Enter a space in the search field. That search will find all pics modified in the past day.
I was unable to find it. But it's still set as my UP.

I remember when I got my Mac (about 2 months ago now) I set up Lion and it prompted me to take a photo or choose one from my Library. I took one with my girlfriend.I looked in PhotoBooth and multiple other places, but nothing.

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Can anyone else help with this issue? I really would like to grab this picture as it is a good one of me and my girlfriend

StevenMeyer

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2011
New York... Where Else?
Last edited:

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Glad someone found it! You'd think you could just copy it in and out through the system settings or something.

Ephemeral

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
Is this automatically deleted at some point? Yesterday I accidentally changed my user picture and wanted this one back. However, I can't find it in /Library/Caches. There's nothing that begins with com.apple.user.

Running OSX Lion, btw.

pascaleledumbo

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012

micca21

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2014
The link doesn't work anymore..:(

Is there anyone out there that can shed a light on this? I, too, really like my user picture and would love to use it for other things as well..

Cheers! :)

I found a way to do it!
1. Go to your contacts/address book
2. Find yourself
3. Change your profile picture to the picture you want to save
4. Click on the picture so that it has the blue thing around it (just shows that you clicked on it)
5. Press Command + C
6. You can go on iMessage and paste!

Reactions: Kingkd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.