Where is Offline Mode in Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AdonisSMU, Jul 10, 2015.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I like to be in control of when data can be used and when it wont be used with an online/offline mode switch? Does anyone know where it's located in the app?

2. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

In the My Music screen, go into the menu where you can change between Artist/Album/Songs etc and there is a toggle at the bottom to only show music available offline, with this is the app will ignore and not display or attempt to play and music that isn't synced for offline use.

3. AdonisSMU, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Is that what this is? How do I know it's not playing the song even when it's not offline. I noticed that even offline songs skip in an out when I go in and out of cellular spots. This is one area I think they could improve upon. I don't understand why my playlist going in and out as a pass through cellular spots while riding on the subway. I will test this out tomorrow and report back.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

i just disable music in the mobile data menu. this way stuff that isnt stored on the phone becomes greyed out

5. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

That's a good idea. I just wish there was a toggle in the app for the convenience. It seems like this function could be in the app itself rather than the settings.