where is protools LE and digidesign?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by thechidz, Nov 29, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

So, Im getting back into recording and updating my gear. I am selling my mbox 1 and am trying to figure out what version of protools LE is current. I last logged into my digistore account earlier this year to upgrade my protools LE to 7.?. I know I purchased an upgrade but when I log in now my account says there is no history???

Does anyone know what the current version of protools for powerbook g4 is? If it is 7.4 and I have to pay for another upgrade Im going to be really ticked. My version is 6.7.

Thanks

BTW. the person Im selling to has a powerbook g4 thats why Im wondering about that...

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i think 7.4 is shipping now. if not, it's a free upgrade from 7.3 if you bought it recently. but the upgrade to 7.x a paid upgrade if you're coming from 6.x.

BUT -- if you're selling your mbox, what are you buying? it has to be from digi, and it'll come w/ a new version of PT.

3. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

oh no I mean for the person Im selling to. I want to make sure I dont have to upgrade protools again so they can use it. But it looks like from the digisite that you can upgrade 6.7 to 6.9 for free and that will run on a g4 pb with tiger???

Im pretty sure Im going to go with the apogee duet, and possibly go with logic in the future

4. Dronomophone macrumors regular

I don't know how it was with other versions, but with 7.4 you have to pay to upgrade no matter what. Even if you have 7.3, like me.

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

Yeah, this thread is now defunct as I found my account info where I bought the 7.2

sucks about the no upgrade option though:mad: