Where is push notifications in 3.0!?!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Just upgraded to 3.0 and I can't find where the push notifications are like for aim and stuff. Are they like not enabled yet or something.

(if it's a repost my bad, didn't find anything in search)

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

They're dependent on the app...and nothing in the app store should support it yet.

3. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well duh. Apple doesn't have their server set up for it yet, and no apps have been released with push yet. This OS is for developers, kiddy.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Push hasn't been turn on in 3.0 YET. Supposedly, its suppose to be turn on in Beta 2. So be patient. Beta 2 is coming soon.

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Hello!! it's a BETA!! When Apple enables it, the APP developer will need to enable it on their APP! Do you web develope apps? I do and I have 3.0. So I would have to enable it on my app for it to work. if beta 2 comes along, and Apple enables it, the app say AIM won't work with push because AoL have to make their app work with it. 3.0 as of right now is for developers NOT CONSUMERS.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

What for the full version of 3.0 to come out. The app has to have push in it. So when 3.0 is released an app may not have working push until it is upgraded. Like this, I have BeejiveIM and I'm running 3.0 beta. This version of BeejiveIM is made to work on iPhone OS 2.2.1, along with a few other previous firmwares, and all of it's features. Once 3.0 (full) is released apps should start having updates that talk about push and their compatibility with iPhone OS 3.0.

Where did you here that?

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Only select developers have the ability to test push right now...

9. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Correct. Apple is slowly rolling out access to the APNS to devs.

Even if all the devs had access, you'd have to be a private beta tester of a 3.0 app to notice (e.g. beta test Beejive or AIM). Your current apps won't magically start pushing.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-developer-forum/170583-iphone-3-0-beta-2-a.html

11. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

12. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

I wish colloquy could work with push. Even when 3.0 comes out, PNS won't really help it :(