Where is Safari plug in for windows mp 9?

iCe Cube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Near Glasgow, Scotland
I don't even have any plug-ins in that folder. However, I know for a fact that java and shockwave work in safari. Do you know where I can find the plug-in as I need it so that I can look use BBC News' audio and video stuff (it requires either real player or wmp)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
iCe Cube said:
I don't even have any plug-ins in that folder. However, I know for a fact that java and shockwave work in safari. Do you know where I can find the plug-in as I need it so that I can look use BBC News' audio and video stuff (it requires either real player or wmp)
Java is a part of MacOS X. IIRC, Shockwave support is built into Safari. Shockwave support is also built into QuickTime.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
unfaded said:
They should install with a Windows Media Player or RealPlayer installation as part of the installation package.
Yes, he's right. @iCe Cube: My plug-in folder is empty too, but that doesn't mean anything. All the plug-ins are listed in Safari's menu. Go to Help/Installed Plug-ins

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
mcmillan said:
Yes, he's right. @iCe Cube: My plug-in folder is empty too, but that doesn't mean anything. All the plug-ins are listed in Safari's menu. Go to Help/Installed Plug-ins
There are *TWO* plug-in folders that Safari uses for your account:

/users/(you)/library/internet plug-ins/
/library/internet plug-ins/

All of the plug-ins being discussed exist, and they should be in one place or the other -- QT, Flash, Shockwave, WMP, Real and Java all use plug-in files that go in these folders. Most of mine are in the second of the two. They may get put in the first if you install them on a per-user basis.