Where is the $1000+ iPad Ultra?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttacka, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Would you be willing to pay more for a high spec higher price iPad?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2012.
  1. Yes, I would gladly pay $1000+ for an iPad Ultra

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No, I love their current pricing and spec model as it is

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

Most PC vendors have a variety of products aimed at the very low to the very high and everything in between segment.

So Ok we know Apple wont offer anything in the gutter end but Im not seeing why Apple as so hell bent on their $499/599/699 models.

Why not keep those products as they are if they are so determined but also offer high end devices for the premium market? So many of us are crying out for higher spec features and would be willing to pay for them. Im talking a flagship iPad model that goes to town with its specs. That model could be re-engineered a year later at a lower price point and become next years $699 model and filter down the chain each year. All that differentiates the current iPad series is merely their storage.

I'd love to buy a suped-up iPad on steroids, maybe take a slight hit on the battery and certainly pay $1000+ for one. That way I might upgrade once every two years rather than have pissy yearly update as we're having.

2. salmoally macrumors regular

What would be the point in making an iPad vastly more powerful then the rest of the lineup in the same generation?

The Apps would have to be designed to run well from the base model up if the developer wants max sales.