Where is the action key for sharing with Apple TV?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by morphius111, Nov 22, 2010.

1. morphius111 macrumors member

I am trying to watch photos on my TV. But when I go to the camera roll, I don't see the little icon to send the pictures to the Apple TV. They showed it on their video, but I don't see it. Am I missing something.
    Oh yes, I did update to the new 4.2.1

Please help.

2. jas1973 macrumors 6502

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

You can't access it from Camera.app, but in Photos.app you will see the AirPlay symbol in the upper right corner when viewing photos.

4. jas1973 macrumors 6502

Ok after I updated my apple tv now it comes up

5. frank8568 macrumors newbie

can you send iphone videos via air play to aptv 2??

6. morphius111 thread starter macrumors member

What is Photos.app?
    Truly, I am a huge Apple fan, but this update is very disappointing. There are more restrictions, than things you can do with it. Same goes to printing restrictions, Netflix restrictions and I am sure there will be more.

7. jas1973 macrumors 6502

Your brain might be restricted if you do not know what the photos app is. And any restriction with Netflix is restricted from Netflix themselves not apple. Besides you have the Netflix app on atv why would you need to stream Netflix from your iPhone to atv and kill the battery of your iPhone and get interrupted by phone calls and notifications when you have Netflix already on your atv

8. 05CadCTSV macrumors newbie

I am wondering the same thing. I am trying to do it via the second dock screen if you swipe right twice but not working.

9. BASRification macrumors member

It will only show the button if it detects an Apple TV/Airport Express type device on the network. Be sure to update your ATV to iOS 4.2.