Where is the best place to buy ...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GidbinN, Dec 15, 2010.

1. GidbinN macrumors member

GidbinN

My 2010 MacBook fan has been making super loud noise since a month, I've opened it and I've confirmed the problem is the fan, but I'm not qualified enough to fix it by myself.

I don't have the applecare thing and I simply just want to buy a new fan and replace it.

I live in Germany, and I've been to several stores, the price to replace the fan is always around 70-90 euro, while on ebay is only 35 euro.

I'm not sure which way I should go with, do you guys have a better suggestion?

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

What do you mean you don't have the AppleCare? I thought every Mac purchase came with a limited warranty. Is it because the warranty is not country-based? If so, then I apologize!

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If it's a 2010 macbook that means it's less than a year old, so you should have Applecare still. It normally lasts for 1 year unless you extend it. So I would recommend double checking your warranty since that's the best way to go. But if you really don't have any warranty left It's probably worth paying someone else to replace it unless you are comfortable doing it yourself. The difference in price between ebay and a repair shop isn't enough to be worth risking worse damage to your computer if you don't know how to replace it yourself.