Where is the best place to get $$ for my MacBook?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bperrella, Jul 12, 2010.

1. bperrella macrumors regular

I'm looking to sell my mid 2007 white MacBook with the C2D 2.16, 2gb, 120gb, SuperDrive, etc in good condition with a good working battery. I have listed it on Craigslist for $500 which I think is a fair price, but no one seems to want it! I am hesitant to put something so expensive on ebay or amazon because I was recently scammed buy a buyer who claims that I sent them an empty box... Long story short ebay sided with the buyer and I lost my item and the cash. I have looked into the apple trade in program, but they will only give me $230 for it. Powermax offered me $525, but I can't use my student discount there or get a free iPod touch. My goal is to get a new MBP for $1099 after student discount and then sell the touch and free printer. Along with the $500 selling price of my current MacBook, this would bring down the cost to around $400 for the upgrade. Is there any way for me to make this happen? Your advice is appreciated!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sites like this but not this one due to the rules they have for new posters selling items.

Otherwise, eBay ... although I see your reservation.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

eBay. Set a cheap reserve to entice people and set a quite pricey buy now :p

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

the closest guy you can find in a dark alleyway wearing a trench coat

5. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

at what point do they allow people here to sell stuff - do you need to have been a member for a certain amount of time? or a certain number of posts?

just curious

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

After you have had your account for 6 months and you have 250 posts you can access the marketplace.

7. Stokes macrumors regular

Sounds like a lot of money still.

A local pawnshop to me has a few Macs out for sale.
    I asked him how he came up with his pricing.

Basically, he finds it on the Apple refurb site, and discounts his price from there.

Currently, he has a 2.26Ghz Unibody Macbook for $650, and a 15.4" A1286 MBP for $1200 (With a Speck case!). Both are still under the first years warrentee.

I'm tempted to buy that MBP, but I love my 13" so much I doubt I'd use it. Still good prices. When I think of a three year old machine for only $150 less (your deal), I'd quickly pass.

If you want it to sell, price it to sell.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios