Where is the best place to pick up the ViPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amnak, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Amnak macrumors 6502

Hey all I'm sure there have been tons of threads like this but, as we al know tomorrow is the day! Where is the best place to get the ViPhone i'd like to here from past iPhone or Android purchasers.

I have an Apple store 40 minutes away were I could reserve it for pick up at 12pm. I have school tomorrow so i really didn't want to go out there, however if it's the best place i'll do it!

I also have 2 Verizon stores and one BestBuy close by.

Were do you think will be the quickest easiest way to pick it up?

and apparently Walmart will carry it too? also closer than Apple

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The best place for stock will more than likely be Apple. The best place where there will be less of a crowd is Walmart then Best Buy.

3. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks im going to call my local Walmart and see if there caring it. I wish the apple store was closer hopefully not a soul will realize its at Walmart :D

4. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

If anyone else planned at a quick grab from Walmart I wouldn't get to excited i just called and they said we don't have any yet but if we do sometimes its only 4 phones tops!

5. burnserinc macrumors newbie

my advice would be to completely avoid your verizon stores if at all possible. I was in there yesterday (i live in md) to activate my iphone and they said basically everytime the phone rings its someone asking about buying the iphone thursday.

6. jmack549 macrumors 6502

Any clue when Walmart will start selling them?

7. agarcia34 macrumors member

Tomorrow morning probably around 8 or 9 and it will be better to call them in the morning to see if the Walmart around you is carrying them.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

9. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

They said tommorow at 8 if they have them
    because I don't need fancy ambiance to buy the exact same thing... If I can go in go out I will always chose that place, but I think I'm for going best buy.

10. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

To save $2

11. Amnak, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

I just read lines are forming.....we are six hours from store openings I hope I can just jump in and grab a spot in line at BB

12. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

It amazes me, a phone that is 8 months old, with no voice + date at same time, and slower data speeds, will still get a line of sheep waiting for a electronic device. :rolleyes: If you waited this long, whats another week or two ? Just casually stroll in, and pick it up in 5min. Never understood the mentality of buying a piece of Chinese factory made electronics the day it goes on sale, knowing you have to wait outside for hours to get it. WTF man it's just a phone.

13. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Pretty soon it will be your only choice better start getting used to it now.

14. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

If you need only one or two units, then take your pick of locations, with Apple certainly most likely to have the highest number of devices in stock. But if you need more for the family (three - five units) on opening day, it seems the only option is your local Verizon store. Well, at least that's based on my calling my local Apple, Best Buy, and Verizon stores.

As for Walmart, you'll be lucky if they get even one in stock. That's been my experience in the past, for previous smartphone launches.

15. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to Best Bu i was #1 in line i only went an hour early, Verizon had people but i couldn't upgrade there so i went to Verizon at 8 they were more busy but not crazy it also snowed in the DC area, and best buy told me they get crazy when people leave work.

16. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Come to Maryland...
    There is like no one buying Verizon iphone at my local best buy, Verizon wireless and walmart.

I guess this phone is not selling in Maryland because I saw like 2 people standing in line in front of Verizon wireless store. They had 8 reps in the store and only 2 people were standing in line at 7 am. Every stores have iphones.

17. Pravius macrumors regular

I reserved mine at an apple store. Simple and walking in and buying it hopefully.

18. mpossoff macrumors 68020

There were students camping out at the Verizon store on campus. Now it's packed.

19. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Maryland here...

There is like no one buying Verizon iphone in my area. I saw maybe 2-3 people coming out of Verizon store with iphones. My local best buy had no lines at 7 am.

I don't think Verizon iphone is doing good.

20. dagored macrumors 65816

Just left my mall in eastern Ohio. They had a setup for a long line, but at 8:10 there were 2 people at the store buying iPhones. It was funny to see security guards at the front of the mall and near Verizon and no one else there.

They had 4 sales clerks and two were sitting, playing games on their droid phones. They looked bored.

21. Indy2424 macrumors member

Just curious why you think that? Are you just basing that on your town only?

We had lines at both Verizon Store and Best Buy. With as many people that are on Verizon I am pretty sure the Iphone will do fine.

22. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Sometimes fine is just not good enough. Share holders want blockbuster numbers including myself.

23. Indy2424, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

Indy2424 macrumors member

Well considering the wind chill was -20 this morning here, I thought 30-40 people in line was a pretty good number for a phone that is 8 months old.

I am just glad I finally had a choice to get it. :)

24. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

For an 8 month old phone it still beats the hell out of what ever else you put it next to... It also makes them look ugly too.