Where is the best place to see MWSF?

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
I would like to know where the best(best quality) place to watch MWSF online. I remember watching other MacWorlds at apple.com, and at 100% size and it was only 3 by 3 inches. Is their a feed that is of a higher quality?

I would love to watch MWSF in half or even full screen. :D

Thanks for taking the time to read and post. :)

Mertzen

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2004
]KLGA[
Well bandwidth limits the quality for webstreams .. if there is a satellite case you can tune into that with your $$$$ equipment .. or if they are showing it in an Apple store you can go there ..

Then again how detailed do you need to see a turtle neck ??

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
It really depends on whether or not Apple decides to provide a live webcast, which I doubt considering they didn't for last year's WWDC and IIRC the MWSF as well. Of course you can always go to MR's IRC channel as we'll probably have somebody from the conference providing live updates. In short, don't expect a quality video feed, especially real time.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Do they show it live in the Apple Stores even if it's not available as a webcast?

Hmmm, just thinking about that lovely theatre in Regent St...

Edit: I guess not - since the Regent St homepage is advertising a Macromedia MX presentation at 7pm next Tuesday

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
guys, guys chill... after the expo their will be a feed up on apples website.. that u can access right from the front page.. sure it won't be live.. but hey! u can watch it from the comfort of ur own home :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
mms said:
It really depends on whether or not Apple decides to provide a live webcast, which I doubt considering they didn't for last year's WWDC and IIRC the MWSF as well. Of course you can always go to MR's IRC channel as we'll probably have somebody from the conference providing live updates. In short, don't expect a quality video feed, especially real time.
Apple did a live webcast via satellite to its local Apple Stores last year. So I am expecting a repeat performance. Trying to see it on the Internet has been very disappointing and frustrating.

Mertzen

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2004
]KLGA[
Arcus said:
Staying in tune with the thread I hope...

When is MWSF...specifically the keynote.

Keynote
01/11/2005, 09:00 AM - 10:30 AM

Steve Jobs
CEO, Apple Computer.

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
Is there a sat feed? If so anyone know where the sat is in the sky so i can point a dish at it this weekend?

Ive got a ton of FTA sat gear that i would love to use to pick it up and watch it in my house...

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
rhpenguin said:
Is there a sat feed? If so anyone know where the sat is in the sky so i can point a dish at it this weekend?

Ive got a ton of FTA sat gear that i would love to use to pick it up and watch it in my house...

that's what I was wondering but I was hoping there was a way of doing this without moving the dish around? I'd watch the internet feed but it's just not practical on dialup in fact it down right sucks.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
rhpenguin said:
Ive got like four dishes sitting around so that doesnt concern me... What concerns me is finding the coodinates :)
does anyone know the coodinates, and is their anything special you do you get them I have Direct TV.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
sjpetry said:
does anyone know the coodinates, and is their anything special you do you get them I have Direct TV.
ummm yeah, I hope your joking. if there is a satellite feed that doesn't mean via directv ...

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
Mertzen said:
Keynote
01/11/2005, 09:00 AM - 10:30 AM

Steve Jobs
CEO, Apple Computer.
Damn, I have class starting at 9:30, otherwise I'd pay whatever price they ask for.

I chose to go SF state mainly because of the Macworlds btw :D