Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I think ebay is nice. As long as its still under warranty there shouldnt be an issue. I got mine back in spring for $1600 with rebates and bing cashback (defunct). There's also vendors that sell through amazon for good prices. If you don't mind having the last gen, here is the same model I got for about the same price, without having to wait for the rebates!

Edit: Link Removed. Sold out. But it was a good price...

Last edited:

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Your best bet is an Apple Refurbished unit or if you have a family member or friend that's an Apple employee. Of if you work for a government other than that don't expect too much off.

g8orballboy

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Your best bet is an Apple Refurbished unit or if you have a family member or friend that's an Apple employee. Of if you work for a government other than that don't expect too much off.

+1 on the refurb iMac! I saved $300 on mine and it's just as good as new...PLUS it came with 4gb bonus ram!!! I know others who had a bonus hard drive upgrade to 2TB....then there's the lucky bastards who get BOTH! :p

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I second the refurb. Good amount of money off, you know it will be in good condition, and you have at least the standard year of applecare included.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.