Where is the fan on a 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by antster94, Sep 26, 2010.

1. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Hey guys,

I'm new to Macs and have just bought a MBP. I am using it in bed right now and don't want to block the fans and overheat it. However, I cannot see a mesh or feel any air current like you would on a PC. Where is it?!?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It blows the air out of the hinge - when the computer is open a small gap is created between the bottom of the computer and the black plastic hinge, which is where it blows the air out. If the fans speed up a lot and that area is blocked, you may sometimes be able to feel cool air coming out from around the keys on the keyboard.

4. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Thanks a lot guys, just looked at the hinge, can see the gaps for the fan. So much better having it at the back, not blocking them up at all! This computer is awesome!

5. DJ-R macrumors regular

It is awesome but some warning written on the manual saying that it is not recommended to run the computer on the bed, bed sheet, anything like cloth or leather.. I'm like okay...

The bottom of the notebook doesn't have fan grill like my old notebook PC do. But I do believe what they are trying to say is that careful not to let any sheet or cover to block the back black hinge.

6. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Yeah I always check to see if it's blocking it, and feel if the computer is abnormally warm.