Where is the free ipod?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mackage, May 3, 2011.

1. mackage macrumors 6502

When should the back to school promo come in effect? I thought it was May?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's whenever they feel like bringing it back, if ever.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Later this month. Usually starts when spring semester ends.

4. mackage thread starter macrumors 6502

Mind as well wait to buy the iMac then. Even if you don't need the ipod it's at least another $150 savings if you sell it on the bay.

5. foodle macrumors 6502

It'll start soon. Just order an SSD version today ... it won't ship until June :(

^^^ partially kidding, since you're supposed to order the Mac and iPod at the same time to take advantage of the free promo. Although Apple may do you a solid if you complain about this.

6. Kflik macrumors member

Last year on Macrumors it was announced on Tuesday May 25th at 9:00 AM that apple had "again as predicted" placed the back to school free iPod promotion on their website.

If you were a betting man, I would place your money on the promotion beginning Tuesday, May 24th.

From today that would require a wait of exactly 3 weeks. I am so sick of waiting (especially after the wait I have endured for the new iMac's) but I will most likely be waiting until this date for the iPod promotion. As said before it can be looked at as a quick way to make a few hundred dollars back on ebay! Also in combination with the student discount, this is definitely a great deal!

7. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

last few years the back to school offer started on the end of May and ended beggining of september.

Rebate choice for ipods
    rebate for printer