Where is the iPhone shipping from?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vat, Sep 19, 2007.

1. vat macrumors newbie

Ordered my iPhone last night and I was wondering where it is shipping from. I used Standard Overnight shipment and I live in Boston... Do you think I'll get it today?

Thanks,

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I don't know about iphones but I ordered a new ipod nano and was surprised to see that it was shipped fed ex from china the day after I ordered it. It shipped on saturday and I am suppose to get it today.

3. vat thread starter macrumors newbie

So maybe iPhones are also being shipped from china. Boy, they have like a daily flight from there. Why not just keep some products at a warehouse or something?

4. sJv macrumors regular

Apple does not warehouse new ipods and iphones in the US. All ship from Shenzen or Shanghai, China. There is a delay through customs. You basically will get it a day or two earlier than standard shipping, but a minimum of 2-3 days from when you order.

-steve

5. GCY macrumors regular

^^Not true.
    I ordered a 4GB on 9/5. It Ships from Memphis, TN and I'm in New York.

6. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I ordered last Friday, mine is due to me tomorrow from Shenzen. My roommate ordered a 4gb at the same time and got his the next day from Memphis.

7. GCY macrumors regular

Overnight shipments and other shipment from different parts of the world are done through regular airlines. They(UPS, Fedex, etc...) usually just drop the packages in the airport and it'll go on the next available flight to that destination.

It'll cost companies a fortune if they have there own airlines for overnight and express intl' shipments.

8. sJv macrumors regular

I bet since the 4GB models were discontinued on 9/5, existing stock was flushed from Apple Stores and the pipeline in China to be warehoused in Memphis. Refurbs come from the US, too.

-steve

9. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Mine came today, overnight shipping from Ontario, Canada. I was surprised to see that on my tracking.

10. vat thread starter macrumors newbie

In the meantime my order is stuck at "Not yet shipped" for more then 24 hours. What do you think I should do? Does that happen often?

11. someone2492 macrumors newbie

me to

my iphone shipped from shenzen 3 days after i ordered it and the tracking number says it went to hong kong then back to shenzen. i has 2-3 day shipping and should be here in 2 days before 10:30 am from fedex.

12. Mad Max24 macrumors member

My iPhone left Shenzhen,China Today at 1:51am, and now it just left Anchorage at 12:12pm Alaska time.