Where is the jailbreak for 3.0?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Californian, Jun 18, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Didn't the dev team say it would be up today? Or should I say yesterday?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was thinking the same thing too. I have to wait 'til friday for the unlock anyways. I am sure they have a good reason for not releasing it.

3. dadon123 macrumors member

I hope it's today! Can't wait to upgrade and jb!

I'm pretty sure the OS will be a lot quicker than 2.2.1 :) which will mean more fun :p

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

will other 3rd party apps from cydia work fine on 3.0??

5. iSaga macrumors regular

@MuscleNerd said they were ironing out a few bugs about an hour or so ago. I would expect it some time today.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

MuscleNerd says Friday

he doesn't want apple to fix there hole before the 3GS comes which means it should work on the 3GS as well here is the video Btw Skip the 1st 2 minutes I think Muscleneard was taking a nap :p

3.0 Jailbroken Musclenerd Ultrasnow

7. mynameisrichard macrumors member

You're talking about the wrong thing. The Jailbreak was supposed to be out yesterday when the FW update came out. Ultrasnow will be out tomorrow though. The 3GS won't be JB until at least tomorrow.

8. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

From @MuscleNerd on Twitter:
    What is it with YouTube.app and jailbreaking? Happened before too...

9. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Sometimes I wish Apple was as thorough as the devteam. haha

10. Haephestos macrumors regular

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

My boyfriend might have accidentally relocked his iPhone :rolleyes: it's a 2G so I don't know how he managed it but am now waiting for the jailbreak before he breaks something in a rage.

For a student on holiday it's ridiculous the extent to which he "needs" his phone.

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I hope they can work it out. Releasing today doesn't benefit me, because I need to unlock. I just hope everything is okay.

13. MasterChief macrumors member

It'll be out by 3pm pacific time guys...find something to do till then ;)

14. chandler99 macrumors regular

what time is that UK time anyone..

and how do you know it will be out then?

15. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Proof/Link?

16. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

Here's an update from the iPhone dev team:

"Update 2 (Thursday morning):

* We have two issues that we’ve been trying to resolve:

1. There are new 3.0 complications with YouTube.app if you’re on a hacktivated (unofficially activated) device
    2. There’s a bug in Apple’s new version of asr that our custom IPSW’s are tickling and causing crashes on, on some devices. (For the nerdy or curious among us, the details of that bug were tweeted by planetbeing a month ago.)

* As of Thursday morning we now have a workaround for #2. For #1, we’ll try our best to get it fixed but we may end up releasing a preliminary jailbreak in which YouTube doesn’t work for hacktivated devices, and then follow that up with a more complete jailbreak when we can."

17. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Hacktivated, is when your using your iphone kinda like a Touch? no contract and no phone calls but its active on a cell network?

im not exactly sure what hacktivated is...

18. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

Me either... I just assumed it was another name for Jailbreaking :confused:

19. john.moore4 macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure that it's jailbroken and unlocked and activated on another carrier like T-Mobile in the US. If that's the case, I would assume that the YouTube app works on Jailbroken AT&T activated iPhones in the US.

20. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Yeah, you pretty much got it, except it's not active, the device thinks it is and let's you use the rest of the functions. :)

21. NsOnLn macrumors newbie

I still don't understand. If you are not changing carriers but want to jailbreak your phone then if you "hacktivate" it you won't be able to use the phone to make calls?

I need more explanation of the difference between hacktivate and jailbreak.

22. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Hacktivating is using Quickpwn or PwnageTool to activate your iPhone. Your iPhone will display the "Emergency call screen" when iPhone is not activated. When you run Quickpwn on an iPhone, it hacktivates your phone so as soon as Quickpwn is done, you see the "Slide to unlock" screen and you have access to all of your apps.
    Lucky for me, I have at least 30 inactivated AT&T Sim cards sitting in my room, all I have to do is put one in the phone and plug it into iTunes, and it's activated!:D

23. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Jailbreak: Ability to install unsigned applications on your device. Meaning you can install any applications and have complete control of the file system

Hacktivate: Your iPhone needs to be in an "Activated" state to be usable, or else you get the Emergency screen with the image of a USB cable and iTunes icon. Hacktivating tricks the device into thinking it's on an active network thus letting you use the device.

24. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

When the iPhone is activated legitly it generates certificates that Youtube and Yahoo mail etc use to connect to their servers. With hacktivation, these certificates aren't generated, thats why youtube doesn't work.
    I used to manually put these certificates in the early 1.0 days to get youtube working.

25. eoren1 macrumors 6502

So with the following statement:

1. There are new 3.0 complications with YouTube.app if you’re on a hacktivated (unofficially activated) device
    2. There’s a bug in Apple’s new version of asr that our custom IPSW’s are tickling and causing crashes on, on some devices. (For the nerdy or curious among us, the details of that bug were tweeted by planetbeing a month ago.)

As I understand it, issue 1 should not affect Jailbroken iphones that remain 'locked' to a carrier (ie ATT in the States). What about issue #2???