Where is the lightning EarPods connector?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tamagotchi, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

This is by far the biggest issue I have with the new MacBook Pro... so I have to carry around 2 sets of headphones? Has anyone thought of another solution?

I'm seriously considering canceling my MBP (delivery on Nov 17-21) and wait for a future refresh.

Edit: the MBP isnt compatible with the lightning EarPods that came with the iPhone 7

2. chabig macrumors 68040

The MacBook Pro has built in speakers. No EarPods required.

3. Tamagotchi thread starter macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

Lol, what if you are on the train? You'll let everyone enjoy your lovely music/movie audio?

4. maratus macrumors 6502a

maratus

My solution is simple – I never use garbage headphones that come with phones AND I don't have an iPhone

Using Etymotic HF3 headphones with mic and remote right now, couldn't be happier (I have a few other 3.5mm headphones too)

5. chabig macrumors 68040

6. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

All MacBooks and iPhones/iPads also come with build in support for Bluetooth. There are several bluetooth headphones in different price points.

7. Riffz60 macrumors newbie

just carry the 3.5mm headphones and the lightning adapter is it really that difficult..
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---
    Also MacBooks and iPhones are very separate types of devices.

Removing the jack from the iPhone this year wasn't necessary but it's a step towards next years model.. they will definitely need it's space when they lose the bezels.

People are very resistant to change so they want to baby step people to life without the jack using a familiar model rather than going with full redesign and no jack in one go..