Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDeathReaperx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2009
One thing I hate about Mac's are there lack of Port's. Although I am a sincere/proud Mac Owner. I always wondered why Apple had lack of ports. Now my question:

Why doesen't the 17inch MBP have an SD CARD Slot and 4 USB PORT'S? Can we look forward to seeing this in the next update?

Also I think the Baseline MBP (13inch) should have at least 3 USB Ports too! For the 15 inch It should have 4 also.

Also is this a good deal: A guy on Craigslist is going to sell me a 17 inch MacBook pro Specs: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256 AND NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB. Also 5400 RPM 500GB Hardrive. (Upgraded by apple) And 4gb of Ram!. Is it worth $1900?
Con: He said there was little scratches on the buttom of the MBP.

What do you think?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
One thing I hate about Mac's are there lack of Port's. Although I am a sincere/proud Mac Owner. I always wondered why Apple had lack of ports.
Umm. Because Apple doesn't put USB ports on the back of their notebooks. Also with the new battery set up, there is limited space before things get uglified.

Now my question(s):
:)

Why doesen't the 17inch MBP have an SD CARD Slot and 4 USB PORT'S? Can we look forward to seeing this in the next update?
See above, buy a USB hub.

Also I think the Baseline MBP (13inch) should have at least 3 USB Ports too! For the 15 inch It should have 4 also.
Where does one suppose putting some of these things, remember, they have to fit a hard drive and optical drive, there is limited space.

Also is this a good deal: A guy on Craigslist is going to sell me a 17 inch MacBook pro Specs: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256 AND NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB. Also 5400 RPM 500GB Hardrive. (Upgraded by apple) And 4gb of Ram!. Is it worth $1900?
Con: He said there was little scratches on the buttom of the MBP.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]
You left out the processor speed. Pictures would be helpful, people have different definitions of "little scratches" :D

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
One thing I hate about Mac's are there lack of Port's. Although I am a sincere/proud Mac Owner. I always wondered why Apple had lack of ports. Now my question:

Agreed

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
Honestly, if you need that many USB peripherals plugged in at once, there is no reason you wouldn't have the computer sitting on a desk/table where you can have a hub plugged in. Lets be honest here, you're not going to be sitting on a park bench with a keyboard/mouse, digital camera, printer, and hard drive plugged in.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Honestly, if you need that many USB peripherals plugged in at once, there is no reason you wouldn't have the computer sitting on a desk/table where you can have a hub plugged in. Lets be honest here, you're not going to be sitting on a park bench with a keyboard/mouse, digital camera, printer, and hard drive plugged in.

Actually. I was at a picnic and had my iPhone plugged in, my camera, my LaCie speakers, my USB-powered reading light and my USB-powered drink cooler.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

No. It's a professional computer. Buy an ExpressCard/34 to SD card adapter.

Please show us on the motherboard where there is room for these ports.

What do you think?

What's the clock speed? Does it work?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
So having a little laptop USB hub probably wasn't an issue.

clearly there was no room on the blanket.

I should have had one of the following:
1363_usb_hub_flower_pot_plant_1.jpg

airplane-usb-hub_3.jpg

UHUB005700_01_L.jpg

UHUB005100_01_L.jpg

Thanks Engadget.

xDeathReaperx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Wow

No. It's a professional computer. Buy an ExpressCard/34 to SD card adapter.

Please show us on the motherboard where there is room for these ports.

What's the clock speed? Does it work?

So your saying within the next year Apple couldn't fit in 1 MORE extra USB Port. Okay I get it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.