Where is the music?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by msfeinstein, Oct 13, 2011.

1. msfeinstein macrumors newbie

I've upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS5 and, in Settings -> Music, turned on 'iTunes Match' and 'Show All Music'.

When I open the Music app, however, it says "No Content" and then briefly shows a picture of the iCloud and a status bar (as if it's checking to see if there is music "up there" to import). It then goes back to saying "No Content".

I have a number of songs purchased that I am pretty sure are loaded in iCloud. I installed iTunes 10.5 on my Windows box (my primary box is a Mac) and it magically pulled down the songs.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

2. Nocaster macrumors regular

Open iTunes On your phone (you can open it from the music app), then select the "Purchased" tab. Your library is there.

PS - I don't think iTunes match is live yet.

3. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Yeah my iPhone works just fine. Shows all of my iTunes match songs but my wifes phone doesn't even have the option to enable iTunes match.

Both iPhone 4 with the same itunes ID. Weird.:confused:

Anyone else not even have itunes match showing up under music settings?

4. midnightrunner8 macrumors newbie

I have iTunes Match option, but when it's enabled it doesn't pull my music from the cloud. It's infuriating. I get it's in a beta, but I am already paying for it. Seems to be a rampant issue right now. :mad:

5. midnightrunner8 macrumors newbie

Might have solved my personal issue. Looks like my Music is syncing now. I had to upgrade my MacBook Air to OS X 10.7.2, which I had been putting off. After I started to do that, my music started immediately syncing afterwards. Hope this is useful to some of you!