Where is the new MacBook Air?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by LRJordan, Jul 14, 2011.

1. LRJordan macrumors member

Hi all, I regularly read these forums but I've never actually signed up until now...but yeah, I've been constantly searching Google news waiting to hear news of the new MBAs - where is it??

Has anyone heard of any releases, delays, cancellations etc. that are factual?

Thanks,

Luke

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

3. LRJordan thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for that, didn't realise there was already a thread based on this matter - thank you.

4. Jayomat macrumors 6502a

Jayomat

thought you were the only person waiting for a new MBA? :rolleyes:

5. LRJordan thread starter macrumors member

No, haha, I didn't search through the 6 pages of that other post because I thought it was just speculation rather than fact. However, I am now left disappointed :(

6. greatkingspider macrumors newbie

No mba

This is just like, when Cartman was waiting for the WII.

It's going to be another 3 weeks, SO says The HOLY GREAT KING SPIDER.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple is very very secretive about release dates. They will say "OSx Lion will be released around July" but they never say "New MBA will be in stores July 22".

Virtually everything is pure speculation.

Apple employees who leak information get sent to the corporate punishment office, where terrible things happen to them and they are never seen again.:rolleyes:

8. urkel macrumors 68030

I love Apple products, but this is why I wish a true competitor would emerge. IF there was a worthwhile competing product to Apple's lineup then their customers would simply choose another brand if the highly anticipated Apple version didnt come out when we wanted it. But as it is, Apple is too far ahead of the competition so we have no choice but to latch on to the (mostly) made up words of analysts and rumor sites.

(BTW. I get it, Apple doesn't owe us anything. I'm just saying that the more we rely on Apple in a business sense, the less fun it is to rely on rumors for factual information. Secrecy works in building buzz among consumers, but for businesses its hard to consider a move to Apple products when theres so much secrecy about what their product cycles will be. I know a lot of companies where the whole iPhone 5 delay has caused a lot of problems due to contract renewals, phone replacements and angry business end users getting put on hold until Apple tells us what they are planning.)

9. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I don't run Lion, so I have no idea how actually stable it is, but I would guess its launch date would be tomorrow (haven't most Mac OS releases been on Fridays?) with the new MBA coming this coming Tuesday (the 19th, I think).

Lion definitely has to launch before any new hardware (I would say, at least), so if Lion doesn't launch tomorrow, I'd peg it for next Friday (22nd) with the new MBA launching the 26th.

But meh, just speculation ;)

10. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

11. mac jones macrumors 68040

What?

What's disappointing? It hasn't even been announced and your already disappointed? Are you practicing for disappointment? (actually, often a good idea LOL )

12. charpi macrumors regular

The following which you are about to read is not rumor to speculation.

It is a FACT.

I promise you, scroll down to see the TRUTH of where are the new airs...

They are in an Apple warehouse. But I have pinpointed and guarantee that there is at least one of them in Cupertino.

:p:p

13. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Keep in mind that the readers of this forum do not represent Apples typical customer. I doubt that the majority of consumers considering a MBA, or any other Apple roduct, have any idea that a replacement is rumored to be in the wind.

14. defected07 macrumors member

Can we merge and/or delete all of these threads? They are pointless dribble and clutter up the "New Posts" and "MacBook Air" forums. Same *****, different author.

But I hope it's released today :apple:

15. Kyllle macrumors 6502

There will always be more. No good in trying to stop them.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

17. Duke15, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

18. getyup macrumors 6502

I wonder if Steve Jobs is sitting at home laughing at these posts. Funny how just because someone wants a MB Air refresh they assign dates of release, when there has not been one single bit of credible evidence that they'll be refreshed ANYtime soon. We study history and learn from the past, but based on these speculative threads guessing a refresh is coming, there are a lot of people who skipped the history class on MacBook Air.

19. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

OS X Lion on Friday and new Macbook Airs on Tuesday?

20. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I wonder if Steve visits the forums like these...

on his new MBA...

running a Lion...

21. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

what new Airs? ... put it on your wish list to Santa

22. Brenzo macrumors regular

I'm beginning to feel more and more confident about a prediction I made waaaay back on June 9th:

"So if I really had to guess a date, we'll see new Airs on July 19th, less than a week after Lion appears in the Mac App Store."

:cool:

23. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, I think we can say that your crystal ball is at least as accurate (and possibly more so) than those of some others who post on these fora.

Cheers