Where is the Nexus 7 successor?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ChrisTX, May 16, 2013.

1. ChrisTX, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013

ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Am I the only one that was expecting the successor to the Nexus 7 to be announced yesterday? Perhaps it's coming in the summer, or at the fall event with the other Nexus products.

2. SMDBill macrumors 6502

You aren't the only one waiting. A new one with SD storage and a couple other small feature improvements will make it a device to be reckoned with more than it is now. I thought it would be previewed as well, but yesterday's meeting was largely "who cares" unless you care about Google music.

3. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Agreed. That, and I guess the next version of Android will come at a Fall event.

4. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

And you can bet good money that Google will not include sd storage in future models:

http://m.androidcentral.com/why-nexus-devices-have-no-sd-card

5. Internaut macrumors 6502a

This is why an iPad joined my Nexus 7. Google is very heavily invested in the cloud and doesn't take local memory seriously. This is fine when you're in the land of pervasive Internet connectivity. OTOH, I do a lot of business in West Africa at the moment, and this means I need to download my entertainment before I go, since streaming just isn't feasible here.