Where is the OrbLive APP?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MissingToof, Dec 9, 2009.

1. MissingToof macrumors newbie

The free version and the paid version are not in the App Store.

2. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Name's been changed, it seems. Still shows up when you search for just 'Orb'.

[app]OrbMedia[/app]

3. MissingToof thread starter macrumors newbie

Not the same...

Nah, that's not the same thing... totally different app.

4. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Uh, yeah, it is. Same developer, same features, same screenshots, same icon, description lists the same functionality...

5. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

6. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Uh, no it's not. Orb Live had the unique ability to stream Live TV. Orb Media does not do that.

7. rigodamdiculous macrumors newbie

Is this confirmed? That's half the reason I was about to buy Orb Live...except it's gone. Orb's website suggests that Live TV is still available but they may just be referring to their "mycast" website. Anyone know if Orb Live is coming back? I really wanted that live TV. Worked great on the trial version with the recent update of their desktop app.

8. strike1555 macrumors 6502

I wasn't even aware they removed it until this thread...i've backed up my copy many times. You can possibly try eyetv or maybe they will release Orb in the Cydia store.

9. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

It's available now.

I'm trying to decide between Simplify Media, OrbLive, and OrbMedia.

Decisions!

10. uneek1 macrumors regular

Yea I read it was pulled from the app store a few weeks ago, I guess the same time as this thread. Good that its back, because I accidentally uninstalled :(

11. MissingToof thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't.

I've learned that 3g live tv streaming has been eliminated!!! Booooo!! It's my phone, my service, I pay for unlimited usage, I should be able to use it as I elfing please!!! GTH ATT!

12. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Here's the story. Orb Live was pulled because it contained Live TV streaming functionality over 3G.

This has now been removed, so people DO NOT UPDATE if you already have it. For those who have not yet bought it or have already updated, your only hope now is to jailbreak and install 3G unrestrictor.

13. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

"I have altered the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further!" - Darth Jobs

BTW, it should be obvious by now that it's not your phone, it's not your service and you don't pay for unlimited anything. I don't understand why these myths persist when they're clearly incorrect.