Where is the proof 7" tablets were deflecting Ipad sales?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Oct 23, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

At the price of some of them most can pick up a good second hand Ipad 2. So tell me how 7" tablets were affecting Ipad sales?

The Android market is still tiny. Releasing Ipad mini won't bring new users as such.

I think most will reflect on Ipad mini as a poor mans Ipad 2. The better camera means zip all on a tablet.

I go with the view Apple is making a mistake. Yes it looks not bad but you can't get away from the fact it's not a full size Ipad. Apple observers will now await all the drivel like Iphone mini and a new Ipad in March. Since when did Apple start playing catch up releasing new products every 6 months?

No wonder the 4th Ipad took back stage at the media event today as there was little new to tell. It now makes the Ipad 3 look like a mistake.

2. hkfan24, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

hkfan24 macrumors regular

There's no need for proof. There's obviously a market for 7" tablets. My son is going to love his when I pick him up one next week

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Price not design.

Ipad 1 could have stuck around a bit longer. :p

4. urkel macrumors 68030

You seem to be taking the elitist view on this whole thing. The iPad 9.7" sold great because its the only choice from Apple but now that there's two choices then The iPad mini will probably outsell the iPad 4.

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's obvious as very few will find the Ipad update worth while. Even going back to Ipad 2 why bother? Apple are still selling it above the 3rd now so it can't be all that bad? :D