Where is the Settings retina icon located?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rmul86, Aug 14, 2010.

1. rmul86 macrumors 6502

When I ssh, I look in the preferences folder and see "settings@2x". This is supposed to be retina quality (114x114px) but when I place this icon in my categories custom icons folder in ssh, it comes out fuzzy (possibly 57X57px?), and not retina quality...I thought "settings@2x" would be 114x114 px, what gives?

2. The General macrumors 601

Categories on iOS4? Really? Just use the folders.

3. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't like how the stock folders look like. Therefore, I am using categories so I can make my folders show an icon that represents the items in it.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i don't know what gives, though i'm confused why you don't just check if its 114x114 px?
    A possible answer is that categories won't allow retina icons to be set through the app.
    Have you tried replacing the icon.png with your retina one for the category in var/stash/applications/category00x.app?
    Another alternative is to theme the folder through winterboard.

5. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Who cares how they look. I'll answer that for you. Only YOU. Don't waste your time with Categories.

6. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Listen, I don't like seeing a bunch of stock folders that look exactly the same...it's a lot easier to discern which folders are which when they have a big ol' identifiable icon.

I actually was successful in having retina icons show on my categories folders but for some reason the only icon I couldn't have be a retina (114X114) was the settings icon that i found in this location: var/applications/preferences.app/settings@2x.png. I don't understand why it's showing up less than retina quality when all of my other icons show up crystal clear (114X114). I must be accessing the wrong settings@2x.png icon file?

7. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Is there an icon@2x.png in var/stash/applications/preferences.app ? EDIT: or perhaps an icon-326.png?
    havent got an ip4, but the settings.png in that directory is tiny for me, so may be the smaller icon for settings>general

8. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help. It just so happens to be named icon@2x.png :).