Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm probably not the first one who has noticed, but there is no black strip for WiFi on the 4th gen iPod Touch. Wasn't the whole idea of the black strip to allow better access to the WiFi signal? And now they put chrome all over the back?

I checked the iPod Touch gallery on apple.com but couldn't find it or an indicator where the antenna would be...

Anyone have a clue, I'm just curious

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
It's inside the components of the iPod touch, if you notice on Apple's iPod touch page and if you go to retina display on there, it compares the screen to the previous touch. The new touch is slightly longer than the previous one, so they could probably fit the antenna in there somewhere.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
The whole back is the antenna. I keed, I keed ;)

It looks nice and clean now, so as long as reception doesn't suffer, no complaints.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
yeah I noticed that there was no wifi area on the back aswell

to be honnest I don't mind BUT I just hope there is no 'problem' like there is on the iphone. though because wifi is much shorter range than the mobile signal I doubt there will be.

But I might (nah probably won't) wait a couple of days from release to buy it just to see.

Kantosam

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Sir, I applaud you and thank you for the fine laugh I have experienced this evening!

Waittaminute... It hasn't been evening in Japan since this thing was introduced at 2 a.m. this morning... and it's only noon now. You're in Nogoya? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.