Where Is The Writing on The USB-C Cable That Shows Defective

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bulldog3777, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

I have searched all over the cable with a magnifying glass and can find no writing at all. Where should I be looking?

2. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

It can be anywhere on the length of cord. The one I had originally had the printing 3" away from one endpiece, the one I was given as a replacement had the printing dead center between the two endpieces. Looks like the manufacturer is just printing at a specific interval and wherever the shielding gets cut is where it gets cut.

Look carefully, it should be there. Some report that they have no printing at all, but I think that it merely rubbed off. You can walk into an Apple store with your cord and get an immediate replacement, just do that and you'll know your cord is safe, no need to take the risk.

BJ

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Same I have one that needs to be replaced, my second cable proving difficult to identify, equally once I finish business here in Vietnam I will take both cables to my local Apple Store and they can deal with it. My expectation is two serviceable USB C cables, I have little doubt Apple will comply...

Q-6

4. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

My replacement cable just turned up from Apple, who shipped it out to me, which is pretty good service. I had not requested it, but my MacBook was identified as one likely to have a faulty cable. They also sent it special delivery.