Where is this intrusive calendar notification coming from?!

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Carl7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Carl7 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I'm really concerned where this notification is coming from? It's happened twice now.

I have checked my emails and there's no sunglasses spam sitting in my box. Why is this notification coming up?! I have Kaspersky on my Mac and firewall enabled.

2. raymond7 macrumors member

To me it seems like iCloud addresses got hacked or something. I get these spam invitations only on my iCloud account.

Therefore i have turned icloud completely off, since I use gmail account for the calendar

3. Carl7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are spammers able to send notifications straight to iCloud then? I have an iCloud email account and use my calendar quite a lot so it's such a pain. I feel like my Mac privacy is being compromised as the notification is so intrusive and I have now idea how it does it. I don't open any malware, I run scans, I'm careful so how the hell is it happening :(

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.imore.com/getting-spam-invitations-your-calendar-app-heres-fix

You have not been hacked. This is just calendar invite spam and is a recent problem. Just follow the steps at this link to deal with it.

5. Carl7 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

When I look at the other email addresses "invited" to the event I received, it looks like the spammer is sending the invite to random email addresses, and hoping that they actually exist.