Where is Windows Support on Leopard Install Disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tsam19, Dec 20, 2009.

1. tsam19 macrumors member

tsam19

Hello

Could anyone tell me how to access or view the Windows support (boot camp) files on the Leopard installation disc, whilst in leopard.

That is when you put the leopard install disc in the mac it shows you the leopard stucture or thereabouts, but I want to know what programs that are available for the mac.

That will let me see whether or not there is Windows support also on the install DVD.

I know the easy option is to boot up into windows & put the install dvd in & wait to see if it boots up.

That isn't an option at the minute.

Thanks for reading & I look forward to your answers.
    :D

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Euuugh Comic Sans...

Anyway I can assure you from experience that what you get with the Windows Support is all the necessary drivers to allow Windows to use the Mac to its full potential.

There are..

Graphics Drivers
    Chipset Drivers
    Sound Drivers
    Trackpad Drivers (Laptops only)
    Keyboard drivers (to accomodate the slight differences in layout)
    Mouse drivers for the mighty mouse/magic mouse (NB Magic mouse drivers are a software update)
    iSight drivers
    HFS+ partition read only drivers (Snow Leopard Only)
    And the Boot Camp Utility, which allows you to change the boot disk etc.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh my eyes are bleeding what an awful font. Please for the love of Pete, never do that again, or better yet, edit your post and remove the font tag.

The drivers are on the disc, you need to boot into windows to view/run them.

4. tsam19 thread starter macrumors member

tsam19

Thanks for the comments on the choice of font I am using, glad to know you really care ;)

So I presume there is no program like 'explorer' 'Isobuster' or 'Magic iso' for windows to open & view all the file structures on the install dvd disc ?

There's me thinking the Mac operating system was by far superior to the windows system !

Basically to view the 'Windows Support' I have to be using Windows ? :p

5. G4DP macrumors 65816

Oh looky, pretty font!

They have no relevance to the running of OSX, so there is no point being able to view them. If you bought a legal copy then they will be on the DVD.

Before trying to be smug in your posts, why don't you do a little bit of research.

6. tsam19 thread starter macrumors member

tsam19

RE: G4DP

I merely asked are there any programs on the mac to view potential windows files on an install dvd, I know they have absolutely no function in the operation of the Mac Osx, thats pretty obvious.

Yes all my software is original & bought.