Where is Winnie The Pooh?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adrian.oconnor, Apr 7, 2011.

1. adrian.oconnor macrumors 6502

Hey everybody,

I've got a little girl who's just getting in to more grown-up bed time stories, like Peter Rabbit. I thought she might like the iBooks version of Winnie The Pooh (the free book that we all got when Apple first announced iBooks), but when I came to read it to her last night I found it had vanished, and now I can't find any trace of it anywhere :(

Does anybody else still have it? Any idea why I can't find it? It's not in the books section on iTunes, not on my iPhone or iPad, not in iBooks store/purchased and I can't even find it if I search for it in the store. I tried reinstalling iBooks on my phone, to see if it would turn up again, but no joy.

Any help much appreciated.

2. robanga, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011

robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I see it for free in the US Store when i do a search.

Tut tut tut

Maybe its a UK licensing issue.

3. adrian.oconnor thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if it is a licensing issue. I searched for 'pooh ibooks uk' and all I can find are articles from the time it was released, including this:

http://www.licensemag.com/licensema...d-iBook/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/671824

In that press release they mention '5 other books', but when I search iBooks for 'pooh', there's only one result, and that's the House At Pooh Corner.

Ah well, I guess we'll get the dead-tree edition from Amazon instead.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

If you really want to read it to her from your iPad then you could try getting the Kindle app and purchasing the story through it. I have several books that I'm reading from the Kindle app.

5. Johny Marsh macrumors newbie

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

How could the US get licensing over the UK on a UK product/book?

Must be an error :confused:

----------

Is it in the Purchased section of itunes?

7. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

If Disney owns the rights, they were probably registered in the US. Just a guess though.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd agree about the film but the book has nothing to do with Disney. It was pre Disney.

9. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I'd bet the US license agreement is more leniant than the UK one. Strange, since it originates there.